Liposuction Erie PA
If you have a few trouble areas on your body that you just cannot seem to lose the weight, it may be worthwhile to look into liposuction procedures .
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a procedure that can be performed in the clinic or at a hospital depending on the amount of fat to be removed.
Basically, liposuction can eliminate fat from purposely targeted areas of the body thereby creating a more preferred shape. Liposuction is most often used for the following areas:
After receiving an anesthetic, a small stainless steel instrument called a cannula is inserted through tiny incisions to remove excess fat by suction or with a syringe.
Types of liposuction
• Tumescent liposuction involves injecting a large amount of anesthetic into the trouble area. This additional fluid causes the fat to swell making it easier to remove.
• UAL uses sound waves to liquefy the fat before removing it. It uses a unique cannula that has a rapid vibration and gives off ultrasound energy. As the energy passes through the fat cells, it liquefies them, and then they are suctioned off.
• PAL uses a motorized cannula that helps break up the fat into smaller pieces making it quicker to remove the fat and more comfortable for the patient.
• Super-wet technique - is similar to the tumescent technique except that it uses less fluid.
• Laser liposuction - with all of the advances in laser technology, laser assisted liposuction is now available.
If you would like to explore your options for liposuction procedures contact a cosmetic surgeon in your area today. They will be able to help direct you to get the best possible results.
OnlineSurgery.org is a leading resource for liposuction procedure information. Search for a cosmetic surgeon near you today!