Laser Plastic Surgery Nipomo CA
While your parents may have thought that lights and beams of Star Wars was just a creative imagination and make believe, the truth of the matter is that lasers are now the new wave of surgery in Nipomo. Lasers are capable of performing all types of surgery from cosmetic to brain surgery, intense beams of coherent light are replacing the scalpel for most procedures.
While your parents may have thought that lights and beams of Star Wars was just a creative imagination and make believe, the truth of the matter is that lasers are now the new wave of surgery. Lasers are capable of performing all types of surgery from cosmetic to brain surgery, intense beams of coherent light are replacing the scalpel for most procedures.
Types of Laser Surgery
• Laser resurfacing - a controlled burning procedure in which a laser vaporizes the superficial layers of your facial skin, removing not only wrinkles and lines caused by sun damage and facial expressions, but the folds and creases that appear around your nose and mouth, any acne scarring that you might have as well as superficial growths.
• Laser hair removal - is designed to remove hair with highly concentrated beams of light that are attracted to the melanin, or dark pigment, of the hair. The hand-held laser is placed against your skin, which then activates it, the laser light produces an intense heat that damages the hair follicle and slows and even stops future hair growth within that follicle, without causing damage to the surrounding tissue.
• Laparoscopic endometriosis surgery - a small incision is made beneath the navel and a thin fiber-optic scope is inserted to examine the pelvic area. Endometrial implants and adhesions are removed.
• LASIK eye surgery - using a microkeratome your surgeon will cut a flap of corneal tissue, removing the damaged tissue beneath with a laser before replacing the flap.
Lasers can be used alone or in conjunction with conventional surgery methods. The advantages of lasers for surgery are:
• Quicker recovery time
• Less scarring
• Less pain
• Restores function quicker
More and more surgeons are relying on lasers for surgery. There is usually less bleeding involved with laser surgery. Because of the heat that is generated from the laser, the surgical site is free of germs, which reduces the risk of infection. In general, a smaller incision is required which is beneficial to you because that means less time and money. By sealing of the blood vessels and nerves there is a reduction in bleeding, swelling, and scarring.