Hair Removal Smyrna TN
Do you have unwanted hair that makes you feel unattractive and less sure of yourself? If so, you are not alone. And for some people, the temporary options like shaving and waxing just aren't enough; they require hair removal surgery or laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal has become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure for hair removal. It is a non-invasive, expedient way to permanently diminish unwanted facial or body hair.
Hair Removal Procedure:
Laser hair removal can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the area of the body that is being treated. Laser hair removal utilizes a low-energy laser. The laser energy passes through the targeted skin area and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. A percentage of the follicles are instantly and permanently disabled with each treatment. For most people, no anesthesia is necessary.
Benefits of laser hair removal:
• A non-invasive, mild application that permanently gets rid of unwanted hair from all parts of the body.
• Leaves skin looking smoother and softer.
• Treats larger areas successfully because it has the capacity get rid of more than one hair at a time.
• Only minor discomfort.
• No more waxing, electrolysis and razors.
• Not a lot of down time, you can return to normal activities immediately.
Risks of laser hair removal:
• It can be an ongoing procedure if you have numerous areas to be treated and it could require numerous sessions.
• There can be temporary slight reddening of the skin or swelling on the treated area.
• You might need to use specifically formulated skin care products, and/or an approved course of skin care therapy treatment. Sunscreen will be required for any treated areas exposed to the sun.
• If you have a darker pigmentation you may not respond well to laser treatment.
• Blonde, white or gray hairs are less responsive to laser treatments and in some cases cannot even be treated.
OnlineSurgery.org is a leading resource for hair removal surgery information. Search for a cosmetic surgeon near you today!