Cosmetic Foot Surgery Tempe AZ
Cosmetic Foot Surgery
Do you have days that your feet are just killing you and you don't think that you can stand on them another minute? Have you ever thought about cosmetic foot surgery ? Most people don't, but when they go in for other conditions and end up having surgery to relieve pain a foot problem, they are thrilled at the cosmetic results that they receive as well.
Types of Foot Surgeries
• Bunion surgery consists of removing a painful bump on top, or on the side of the big toe joint. It is often performed to alleviate pain in this joint or to remove an unsightly foot condition.
• Surgical correction of painful contracted toes. Often there are unsightly corns on the toes which can be removed at the same time as your bunions. Visible scarring is minimized by placing the incision on the side of the toe or in between the toes.
• Surgery involving a painful bump near the pinky toe. Visible scarring is minimized by placing the incisions on the side of the foot. Often painful, unsightly corns on the pinky toe are also removed which allows for a better fit into pumps and boots especially if your pinky toes tend to get cramped and are painful. Usually of the 2nd toe, the one next to the big toe, although any toe can be shortened. Like the hammertoe surgery, incisions are carefully placed between the toes so visible scarring is minimized.
To narrow or enhance the appearance of your foot, a combination of the above procedures can be done.
Other Foot Surgeries Include
• Endoscopic Heel surgery - to relieve plantar fascitis
• Open Heel Spur surgery - to remove heel spurs
• Shock Wave Therapy - a new alternative to surgery for heel pain.
• Cryosurgery - a specialized technique for providing long-term pain relief.
• Nail surgery - for ingrown toenails and removal of fungal toenails.
• Removal of soft tissue masses - neroamas, lipomas, cysts, tumors and other lumps and bumps.
• Broken bones, lacerations, foreign bodies that may require surgical treatment.
For further information about Cosmetic Foot Surgery contact a cosmetic surgeon in your area. An experienced surgeon can help you explore all of your options and determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure(s) that interests you.