Chemical Peel Bristol CT
Chemical peels use a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. If you have acne scars, sun damage, pigment changes, lesions, growths on the skin, or wrinkles you would benefit from a chemical peel. Please scroll down to learn more and get access to the local medical spas and dermatologists in Bristol, CT listed below.
If you have acne scars, sun damage, pigment changes, lesions, growths on the skin, or wrinkles you would benefit from a chemical peel. A peel can be done on the face as well as other parts of the body.
A chemical solution is applied to the skin and left to soak in when you have a chemical peel. Depending on how deep the chemical penetrates the skin, the skin will peel up to two weeks after the treatment. Parts of the skin are destroyed in this procedure so that new skin can grow in its place.
Types of chemical peels
• Superficial peels are the mildest forms of peels
• Medium peels penetrate the skin more deeply
• Deep peels penetrate several layers of skin causing a second-degree burn on the skin
Your skin type will determine the depth of peel and type of chemical solution that you'll need, your doctor can help you make the choice. He will factor in the areas that you want peeled, the results that you desire, the risk that you will be taking, and other issues.
You will need to start preparing your skin a couple of weeks before your peel is scheduled by cleaning the site twice a day, applying a special moisturizer or cream a couple times a day as well as applying sunscreen each day. These daily exercises will assist the skin in peeling more evenly, accelerate the healing after the peel, and may even reduce the chance of infection.
Your results from the chemical peel are determined by the depth of the peel
• With a superficial peel you may experience a reduction in sun damage and signs of aging. You may not see the results for a long period of time and when you do they will more than likely be minimal. Repeated peels are usually needed to produce the desired results that you want.
• With a medium peel you will see a reduction of fine wrinkles and a difference in skin pigment as well as sun damage. This treatment only needs to be redone ever 3 to 6 months.
• To eliminate wrinkles you will need a single deep peel. You will notice dramatic effects. You cannot and should not have repeated deep phenol peels.
The type of skin that you have the care that you give your skin before and after the peel, your physician's level of experience along with your lifestyle can affect the results. Chemical peels receive a better response from some skin types than others. If you have lighter skin with limited sun exposure you will see better results than someone with darker skin or who spends extensive periods of time in the sun.